General Responsibilities (Overall purpose)
With the support and under the supervision of the Finance Manager (FM), the responsibilities of the finance assistant include processing payments, updating financial records, managing invoices and support reporting and audits. The Finance Assistant is also responsible for all the reconciliation of the accountancy coming from the different field bases.,. Also, the finance assistant will follow up on the daily finance issues and activities.
The incumbent commits to observe discretion on any information related to the organization functioning.
The incumbent will conduct his or her duties in respect of the Charter of Terre des hommes (Tdh) and Tdh Safeguarding Policy.
Tdh intervenes without any affiliation for politics, religion or financial profit. The incumbent will direct his or her activities and engagements without preoccupation of political, racial or religious affiliation.
Tdh expects that its staff and contractors’ professional conduct reflect proper behavior in accordance with local culture and traditions. The incumbent assures the moral protection of the name of Tdh and defends in all circumstances the interests of the movement.
Specific Responsibilities / Context (Tasks)
• Post and update of the accountancy according to the project activities on Daily basis.
• Prepare cheques and bank transfers as per Tdh procedures.
• Ensure all the receipts/invoices are correctly filled and they are eligible for Tdh accountancy (indicating date, details of the supplier, clearly written the amount with the stamp PAID).
• Ensure that all payments are justified by adequate supporting documents.
• Allocate expenses in the right account code, budget and financial lines.
• Archive all the relevant accountancy documentation in the proper way indicated by the FM and according to Tdh procedures.
• Prepare the needed records for daily financial transaction when required.
• Manage the petty cash of the office accurately under the supervision of the finance manager and ensure it is ready for spot check by the management all the time.
• Request to feed the petty cash box according to the Tdh needs.
• Perform cash inventory for petty cash on the last day of the month
• Follow-up on the communication means services (telephone, fax internet, etc.).
• Follow- up on the office utility bills (Electricity, water, telephone and internet).
• Follow up the VAT and duty exemption procedures and keep track of the exempted materials.
• Participate in the preparation of tax exemption Invoices for all donors, and make sure it is in line with the donor procedures and fill the donor’s tax exempted forms.
4. Partners & Budget Report:
• Support in reviewing the partners financial reports and supporting documents and provide feedback as necessary.
• Enter the records of partners financial reports on the System.
• Participate in Donor and Internal Financial reports.
• Support the projects and the annual audit process
5. Capacity Building:
• Participate in capacity building and needs assessment for partners.
• Participate in conducting financial and logistic procurement trainings and follow up training for partners and Tdh staff.
6. SAFEGURADING POLICIES – SAFETY – SECURITY:
• Knows and implements institutional policies on security, child protection, PSEA and Code of Conduct and fraud prevention.
• Commits to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) in her/his area, including participation in annual audit, and reviews and updates of action plan.
• Commits to inform the Country Representative and/or the National Safeguarding Focal Point and/or the Head of MENA Region and to deal with any case of any allegations or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the CSP.
• Respects Terre des hommes security procedures in Jordan.
• Knows and implements all institutional policies and internal regulations of Terre des hommes.
• Any other duty as required by the supervisor and Country Representative.
• S/he will have direct access to information, such as the general strategy of Tdh in Jordan, including programming objectives in the field, financial details, salary scale and security guidelines.
• A professional sense of security, confidentiality, and proper representation is paramount.
• Undertake all other duties that may be requested by the line-manager and that are compatible with the job
Reference document :
This role requires a mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC)
Manages time and priorities, meets deadlines and is punctual
Cooperates and contributes to achieving goals
Shows determination and proactivity
Communicates in a clear, concise and responsible way
Knows and respects the rules and processes of the different domains concerning one’s activities
As well as the following specific “professional” competencies:
Knowledge of government procedures, Jordanian Taxes and social security procedures .
Good and Clear Experience in General Accounting.
Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and a good team player.
Requirements for the position
Education / Qualifications:
Holding Bachelor’s degree in in finance, Accounting or advance diploma in Accounting from recognized college Institution.
A Minimum of 1-year experience of finance or accounting experience in INGO is an advantage
Good and clear communication and writing skills in English
Excellent Computer literate (proficiency in MS word, excel and Windows)
Familiar in working on Accounting Systems Software .
Objectives for the upcoming period to be completed on the appraisal interview form with the hierarchical line
How to apply
For interested candidates ,please send your updated resumes with a cover letter to the email below address Name of Applicant /Position.
Applicants are reviewed and screened before deadline ,so we encourage applicants to apply as early as possible.
Note :Any email with a little that does not have the required information will be disregarded.